AdSense Mobile Ad

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Don't use Solaris Express Community Edition build 102

I already wrote about this on my precedent post but I think this deserves a better exposure. Long story short: don't use Solaris Express Community Edition build 102, if you already downloaded it. As you can check on the official announcement thread for build 102, it's affected by a bug which may seriously compromise your root ZFS filesystem:
Due to the following bug, I have removed build 102 from the Download page.

6771840 zpool online on ZFS root can panic system

It apparently may cause data corruption and may have been implicated in damage to one or more systems that have upgraded to build 102 or beyond.

We will remove it from the SDLC on Monday. I will notify about the schedule for a repsin.

Derek

No comments: